For some, the diagnosis of intervertebral disk herniation is a complete sentence. The picture of operating and surgical instruments is immediately drawn in the head. In fact, everything is not so scary.
What is an intervertebral hernia and what are its causes
Lumbar spine hernia, and other localizations, are protrusions from the disc nucleus. They result from partial or complete ruptures of the fibrous outer shell. Excessive physical activity can cause hernia. This is a dangerous condition that can restrict the nerve roots in the spinal cord.
People at risk of developing an intervertebral hernia are:
* have poor heredity.
Work can lead to herniated vertebrae. The problem often arises in professional weightlifters, loaders, truck drivers. A lack of exercise or sedentary lifestyle may lead to atrophy of the back muscles.
People with healthy habits and who are active in sports rarely need to see a neurologist for such issues.
Lumbar hernia symptoms
Lumbar hernia can manifest as back pain with varying intensity or other symptoms.
1. Tingling sensations and tingling caused by numbness in the soft tissues of the outer surface of the thigh, big toe and shin.
2. Numbness or sharp pain in the lower back and buttocks join the numbness.
3. The mobility of vertebrae in the lower part is limited.
4. Painful shots can be taken even if you are lifting very small weights off the ground in your waist.
5. The patient experiences general weakness and fatigue quickly. Sensitivity decreases in the groin area.
Symptoms of intervertebral hernia of the cervical region
In the beginning stages, hernia can occur in the cervical spine.
1. Even if the patient is not turning, severe pain can be felt. Therefore, it is a good idea to return your entire torso.
2. The pain radiates from the wrist to the shoulder, where it is almost completely gone.
3. Trying to squeeze the brush leads to numbness of the fingers.
4. The patient complains about headaches, flies in their eyes, tinnitus and loss of spatial orientation.
The main symptoms may be accompanied by a hypertensive crisis.
It is not necessary to have all the signs at once, and a visual inspection will not give anything. X-rays, MRI and CT are used to diagnose the condition. A CT will clearly show a protrusion in between the vertebrae. In some cases, electroneuromyography may be required, a diagnostic procedure that can assess the degree of nerve root compression.
Will treating intervertebral hernia without surgery relieve pain and numbness?
Only after a complete examination can the doctor say exactly whether it will be effective to treat an intervertebral hernia without surgery or whether it is more appropriate to use a radical method. In advanced cases, surgery is the only way to relieve pain, restore mobility and efficiency.
The Medical Diagnostic Center “Diagnostics”, Kiev, for intervertebral hemia treatment without surgery uses the best techniques. The clinic’s doctors also prescribe physiotherapy and massage to patients. They also create individual therapeutic gymnastics complexes. In other words, in each case the therapeutic program is developed individually and guarantees positive dynamics.
Check out about mezhpozvonochnaya gryzha go to this web site: check here