For some, the diagnosis of intervertebral disk herniation is a complete sentence. Instantly, the picture of surgical and operating instruments is drawn in the head. It is actually not that scary.
What is an intervertebral hernia and what are its causes
Lumbar spine hernia, and other localizations, are protrusions from the disc nucleus. They result from partial or complete ruptures of the fibrous outer shell. Excessive physical activity can cause hernia. This is a dangerous condition that can restrict the nerve roots in the spinal cord.
The following people are at high risk for developing an intervertebral hemia:
* Have poor genetics.
Work can lead to herniated vertebrae. Professional weightlifters, loaders, and truck drivers are often affected by this problem. The cause of the pathology may be atrophy of the back muscles due to sedentary lifestyle, lack of exercise.
People with healthy habits and who are active in sports rarely need to see a neurologist for such issues.
Lumbar hernia symptoms
Lumbar hernia is manifested by back pain of varying intensity and other symptoms.
1. Tingling sensations and tingling caused by numbness in the soft tissues of the outer surface of the thigh, big toe and shin.
2. Numbness or sharp pain in the lower back and buttocks join the numbness.
3. Mobility of the vertebrae in lower parts is restricted.
4. Even when lifting small weights from the floor in the waist there are painful shots.
5. The patient experiences general weakness and fatigue quickly. The groin is the area where sensitivity decreases.
Intervertebral hernia in the cervical region:
Hernia in the cervical spine manifests itself in the early stages.
1. The patient feels severe pain even with a slight turn, so, as a rule, returns the whole torso.
2. The shoulder is numb, and the pain spreads to the wrist.
3. Numbness occurs when you squeeze the brush.
4. The patient complains about headaches, flies in their eyes, tinnitus and loss of spatial orientation.
Hypertension may accompany the main symptoms.
You don’t have to see all signs at once. A visual inspection won’t give any information. X-rays, MRI and CT are used to diagnose the condition. A CT will clearly show a protrusion in between the vertebrae. In some cases, electroneuromyography may be required, a diagnostic procedure that can assess the degree of nerve root compression.
Is it possible to treat intervertebral hernia with out surgery?
Only after a complete examination can the doctor say exactly whether it will be effective to treat an intervertebral hernia without surgery or whether it is more appropriate to use a radical method. Surgery is required in advanced cases to relieve pain and restore mobility.
The Medical Diagnostic Center “Diagnostics” in Kiev for the treatment of intervertebral hernia without surgery uses the most advanced techniques. Along with drug therapy, the clinic’s specialists prescribe massage and physiotherapy to patients, and make individual complexes of therapeutic gymnastics. In other words, in each case the therapeutic program is developed individually and guarantees positive dynamics.
For more information about gryzha poyasnichnogo otdela take a look at our new net page: check it out