The modern non-contact method of brain research is MRI of the Brain. It uses radio waves and a magnetic field to transmit a signal to the computer that allows you to assess the brain’s state. It is important to know that MRI of the brain is used to examine both soft tissues and blood vessels for damage or injury, such as a stroke.
What is the best time to have an MRI?
An MRI of the brain can be used to confirm or detect a variety of diseases. During an MRI examination, the doctor can see a detailed image of your brain and assess its condition.
In some cases, MRI diagnosis is needed to confirm the diagnosis or to refute it.
– disturbed by constant or acute headaches;
– there is a periodic or constant noise in the ears;
– There is weakness and numbness at the extremities.
– There is a decline in memory.
– fainting occurs periodically;
– the person is disoriented;
– There was a craniocerebral injury.
– you need to find out the cause of seizures.
Contrast-enhanced MRI of the brain
Contrast is used to better see the brain. It is introduced into the body. The dye can be used to diagnose tumors and other diseases, as well as their structure and contours.
Contraindications to Use
MRI of the brain can be the most safest, but it is not recommended for everyone.
It is also worth giving up MRI when:
– The presence of cochlear implant;
– Decompensated Heart Failure
– the presence of tattoos created on a metal basis;
Installed crowns and braces
How is the MRI examination
The examination begins with the preparation: it is necessary to remove all metal objects and remove the phone.
After the patient has been placed on the table, a device that sends and receives radio waves is attached to the head. MRI is performed for 30-60 minutes, depending on the department and the presence of contrast in the body.
The doctor takes many layers-by-layer photographs of the brain and then makes a decision.
To learn more about MRI of the brain see the best web page